Founded, January 2006
12,875 members strong
(as of 10/11/2014)
To qualify, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. An operator must submit, and the award manager must approve and publicly proclaim acceptance of, an application showing contacts with either a Centurion or Tribune in each of the 50 states. Contacts may be made at any time and on any band, including WARC bands.
2. An operator applying for the award must be an SKCC member at the time each qualifying contact is made. A member does not have to be a Centurion or Tribune to qualify for this award.
3. All contacts must be made with a straight key, semi-automatic key (bug), or sideswipper (cootie). The SKCC Board of Directors can grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis to those with physical disabilities that prevent the use of such keys. To request an exemption, use the email-Board link under the Club Contacts section of the navigation column at left.
4. Only contacts made on or after June 12, 2011, qualify for this award.
5. Contacts with Centurions or Tribunes operating outside of their home states, either as portable or mobile stations, are permitted.
Centurions and Tribunes are strongly encouraged to use their Cs and Ts at the end of their member numbers during operating events to make it easier for prospective WAS-Centurion applicants to zero in on the states they need.
Applicants are encouraged to copy the other station's state carefully, since Rule 5 implies that the state you hear W9OMG give you may be different from the state listed for that call in the membership data base.
For questions about the WAS award program or to submit an application, send an email to Urb LeJeune
You can download an award application here.