Founded, January 2006
16,915 members strong
as of 23-Mar-2017
This activity began in April 2010 as a way to encourage contacts among SKCC members independent of sprints, contests, or special events.
The idea is to see how many unique SKCC numbers you can accumulate during any given month. At the beginning of each month, you will have a 15-day window to enter the number of SKCC members you worked during the previous month.
Each participant's tally for each month will be displayed on the Brag results page. No prizes, no wallpaper, just braggin' rights!
1. Your count starts fresh each month. You may contact the same members from one month to the next, but you can only count a member once during a month -- no dupes, no multiple-band contacts with the same member.
2. Membership numbers must be exchanged by both operators in during a contact, using CW.
3. Only straight keys, sideswipers (cooties), or bugs may be used for the Brag. Waivers from this policy are possible. For details, see the club's policy on approved keying devices here.
4. You may operate on any band, in keeping with any restrictions your license class imposes.
5. Use whatever power level you need to complete the QSO; there are no endorsements or breakdowns by power level for this activity.
6. This activity is independent of sprints, therefore, no contacts made during any of the club's sprint count toward the Brag.
7. During the club's anniversary celebration each January, stations operating as K3Y special-event stations and stations holding QSOs with K3Y stations may count those contacts toward their January brag totals. However, as per Rule 6, no station -- K3Y or non-K3Y -- may count QSOs made during club sprints held during the anniversary event.
To help you keep tabs on your contacts, you can download a blank tally sheet here.
For more information, or if you have questions, contact Curt Myers, WA2JSG, the Brag manager.
The submission window closes at midnight on the 15th of the month. If you are late, please submit your results anyway. Curt will include them with the next results update