Founded, January 2006
10,754 members strong
(as of 5/22/2013)
This activity began in April 2010 as a way to encourage contacts among SKCC members independent of sprints, contests, or special events.
The idea is to see how many unique SKCC numbers you can accumulate during any given month. At the beginning of each month, you will have a three-day window to enter the number of SKCC members you worked during the previous month.
Each participant's tally for each month will be displayed on the Brag results page. No prizes, no wallpaper, just braggin' rights!
1. Your count starts fresh each month. You may contact the same members from one month to the next, but you can only count a member once during a month -- no dupes, no multiple-band contacts with the same member.
2. Membership numbers must be exchanged by both operators in during a contact, using CW.
3. Only straight keys, sideswipers (cooties), or bugs may be used for the Brag. The SKCC Board of Directors can grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis to those with physical disabilities that prevent the use of such keys. To request an exemption, use the email-Board link under the Club Contacts section of the navigation column at left.
4. You may operate on any band, in keeping with any restrictions your license class imposes.
5. Use whatever power level you need to complete the QSO; there are no endorsements or breakdowns by power level for this activity.
6. This activity is independent of sprints and special events, therefore, no contacts made during any of the club's sprints or during its annual anniversary special event count toward the Brag.
To help you keep tabs on your contacts, you can download a blank tally sheet here.
For more information, or if you have questions, contact Brian Forney, K7TKT, the Brag manager.
The submission window closes at midnight on the 15th of the month. If you are late, please submit your results anyway. Brian will include them with the next results update