Call Area Sunday

Moderators: W5ALT, AC2C

Call Area Sunday

Postby W9COX » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:32 am

OK let me see if I can get this where we can all understand it.

1] Select a call area for a given Sunday 8 hour prime time period.

Example: Call area 7 on February 26 from xx:xx to xx:xx Zulu

2] Work as many Call area 7 SKCC members as possible in the 8 hour period.

3] Contacts with other Call areas will not count. Stations with a Call area 7 call but not located in the 7 Call area will not count.

4] Two champions will be proclaimed. The member station in Call area 7 with the most SKCC members QSOs and the member station outside the 7 Call area with the most SKCC members QSOs that are located in the 7 Call area.

The idea would be to give members a chance to work a state they need in a given Call area or maybe give a member station in the 7 Call area the chance to see what being on the other end of a pile up would be like. Of course we will get some fine tuning or our operator skills.

In order to encourage some of our Novice CW ops maybe we could put a limit on CW speed, say 10 WPM

Anyway this is just an idea that I happen to think of while reading the tread.

What do you think?

W9COX
Albert
5514T
W9COX

Postby k8jd » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Gets complicated since the FCC issues , perhaps, w9 calls in California and W6 calls in Illinois, KL7 calls in Virginia and KH6 calls in Wyoming !
You would have to look up every call to see if they were in the right area !
73 from K8JD, SKCC 1395, Centurion 18, Tribune 12, Band Endorsements; 160, 80, 60, 40, 30M, 20, 17, and 10M

Ham radio is real Radio, CW is real Hamming!
k8jd

Postby W9COX » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:25 pm

k8jd wrote:Gets complicated since the FCC issues , perhaps, w9 calls in California and W6 calls in Illinois, KL7 calls in Virginia and KH6 calls in Wyoming !
You would have to look up every call to see if they were in the right area !

Well not really. Because SKCC members will be the only ones that count you could use the SKCC members list to verify a call and it's location. Remember participation will be by SKCC members only for the contest results.

Any way it is just an idea. If there is enough interest I am sure it can be worked out using the K.I.S.S. method.

W9COX
Albert
5514T
W9COX

Return to New Proposals