New "Annie"...

Anything related to Bugs - semi or fully automatic.

Moderators: W5ALT, AC2C

New "Annie"...

Postby ke1lg » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:24 pm

Vibroplex just shipped my new 100th Anniversary Edition...left hand "Annie". I have heard from some memebers that quality control might be an issue. I would like to hear from others that have the "Annie", and how they like it. My only other bug is my VizBug, right-angle, (also lh), which I love!

Steve in Maine
ke1lg
ke1lg

Postby NT9K » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi Steve, Vibroplex told me that my Annie had quality control issues with overspray on the paint, but it looks pretty darn good to me. I really like the Annie and glad I got one. I use one large weight and keep it set about 20 wpm. For slower bug work, I use my GHD bug set about 12 wpm.

My Annie was my first bug and I didn't know much about adjusting it. Took several months before I got it figured out. There are lots of fine bug users in the SKCC, if you have any problems post them here.

What is your Annie bugs serial number? Mine is 100A-263.
73, Bill - NT9K
SKCC #1926c69t9was8hofdxq2dxc1
http://www.nt9k.com
NT9K

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Bill,

I knew abt the paint issue. These are hardware issues such as misaligned screws, holes that are drilled off-center, dit contacts not hitting squarely, and so on. Actually, Vibroplex told me they had solved the paint issue. Guess I will know Monday or Tuesday!

Tnx fer reply

Postby KB7GL » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:45 am

From what I've recently heard, VP has solved their painting issues, and the more recent Annies are just fine. I recently got #100A-579 and I can't find a flaw on it. Mechanically, it's perfect. Reportedly, VP will be jacking the price back up.

Now, I need to sell the almost brand-new Original Deluxe I got a few months ago!
73, Vic - KB7GL
SKCC #3636C
KB7GL

Postby NT9K » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:20 am

Lots of members have been getting Annie bugs and I have never heard of any problems other than paint. I could see what they were talking about on my Annie, but it was so minor that if they hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed it. The price was right and I hate to see them go back up, but these days everything costs more. GHD has been raising the prices too. Some keys have gone up as much as 50 bucks a key.
73, Bill - NT9K
SKCC #1926c69t9was8hofdxq2dxc1
http://www.nt9k.com
NT9K

Return to Bug Users Corner