Advice logging K3Y

Just starting out or wanting to learn about something new. Need help setting up your first station. Want to meet others just starting out. This category is for you.

Moderators: W5ALT, AC2C

Advice logging K3Y

Postby K5TSK » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:00 pm

I have been relicensed since Nov 2015 and joined SKCC a bit later, but really haven't done much with it. Yesterday I downloaded the SKCC Logger program and got it working shortly. First qso on that log was a K3Y station. He gave his regular call, but then I didn't know the proper way to log the contact. Decided to use K3Y/4/******* with the real call at the last. I want to use the log for SKCC purposes, but also want to upload an adi. file to N3FJP master log.
What's the best way to do this? I don't want to manually change a bunch of listings in the log(s). K3Y or Regular call or what?
Thanks
Jim K5TSK 14983
K5TSK

Re: Advice logging K3Y

Postby k0ro » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:08 pm

I've been told that for SKCC credit, the K3Y contact must be logged as the operator's personal call and number with no / appendage. Makes sense because the K3Y call sign has no SKCC number associated with it. I use the N3FJP logger as my main log and have had no problem sending the adi file from it to SKCC for awards. I don't use he SKCC logger so have no experience working the logs in the other direction.

Ralph, KØRO
k0ro

Return to Beginners Corner