New member checking in

Just starting out or wanting to learn about something new. Need help setting up your first station. Want to meet others just starting out. This category is for you.

Moderators: W5ALT, AC2C

New member checking in

Postby K0dmw » Fri May 20, 2016 12:52 am

Joined today and started studying CW about a weekand a half ago. I know all the letters/numbers and can keep somewhat of a rhythm with my straight key. Rx is going to take alot of work though. I can easily hear someone calling CQ and a few Q-Codes but get completely lost when it comes to callsigns and such.

Also noticed that when I practice CW away from my key, I twotch with my thumb and trigger finger so I think a Cootie is in my future.
K0dmw

Re: New member checking in

Postby KC6CNN » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:10 am

I feel your pain lol. I have been doing this for about 8 months now. Same I can send with a paddle, straight key no problem.
Every once in a while I get a little stage fright. hihi but copying I can hear people calling CQ. 5nn , hihi, and a few of the common letters.
I have to get over this hump of trying to decode it in my head, example hear dit dit dit and I then say it and translate it to S.
Once I get past this I think I will get better. Going to keep trying. It helps my confidence when someone is sending slowly to me. lol
Gud luck hpe to work you
Gerald KC6CNN
KC6CNN

Return to Beginners Corner