New member looking for help with CW

Just starting out or wanting to learn about something new. Need help setting up your first station. Want to meet others just starting out. This category is for you.

Moderators: W5ALT, AC2C

New member looking for help with CW

Postby N7HQY » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:33 am

Greetings folks;

I have been a ham since 1986, and used to be almost passable at CW. Then I spent several years with only VHF and digital modes. Then I went completely inactive for a time. Now I am setting things back up, I spent some time on a CW website that does a pretty good job, and i can copy solid 5wpm EXCEPT the special stuff, BT AR SK / etc throw me for a loop.

What I'm looking for is someone I can meet up with on 40 or 20 and hold regular practice sessions in CW backed up by SSB or other comms to be sure Im understanding and sending ok.

Please let me know how I can do this and hopefully who can be patient enough to help me with it.
N7HQY

Re: New member looking for help with CW

Postby k7fru » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:47 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I am in the same boat as you. I'm looking for someone to meet regularly (or often as possible) on 20/40/80m in the evenings to practice CW. Mainly Friday/Saturday nights, but I can do any night of the week.

If you or anyone else is interested in practice on-air CW let me know. I'm also at a solid 5wpm, but I can copy a bit higher than that. I'm really excited to get back into CW and need to improve quite a bit before I take some QRP/portable excursions this summer!

Tyler
k7fru
k7fru

Return to Beginners Corner