Looking forward to new shack

Tell us about your station. Show us photos. Need help setting up your station, ask here.

Moderators: W5ALT, AC2C

Looking forward to new shack

Postby n3pdt » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Well, Becca and I will be moving soon. We close on a house this coming Friday, 9/23. I share my current operating space with the washer and dryer and am confined to a 2'x4' bench and a small shelf set. It is definitely cramped.

The new digs will allow me to use a very small bedroom with enough space for a 6.5'x3' bench for my operating position. I'll also have a window for getting the coax and ladder line out, and a better run for station ground. I'm really looking forward to having that extra foot of bench depth, and extra length for a better workspace when building and testing. With my current setup, just using a full size pad of paper, the computer keyboard, mouse and keys requires a bit of a juggling act.

Not looking forward to new antenna installations, but at least I'll be able to get my feedpoint up higher now that I can poke holes in my roof for a proper mast support. I'm losing some space in the yard, so I might not get as good of a vert installation as I have here, but overall I will have more options for antennae.
n3pdt

Postby KB7GL » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:34 pm

Good luck with the new installation -- more space is always a good thing, but you'll soon fill it up with more stuff than you have space, regardless!

I was just thinking about doing some antenna work a couple of days ago -- I believe that there must be an unwritten law for hams that states that any antenna work must be done when the weather is too crappy for ducks. I seldom do anything with antennas when the sun is shining! Go figure...
73, Vic - KB7GL
SKCC #3636C
KB7GL

Return to Your Radio Station