I run QRP most of the time :-)

Tell us about your station. Show us photos. Need help setting up your station, ask here.

Moderators: W5ALT, AC2C

I run QRP most of the time :-)

Postby Ki4ezl » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:54 pm

I use one of several antennas, depending on where I am located in the house. My radio will be either a 5 watt max out, or one that could go up to 15 watts out, but I run it at 5. I have a few keys to pick from too, though I am currently trying to use my cootie as much as I can. There was a time when I could fly at 30+ wpm, both sending and receiving CW. Now days, I find it difficult to hear the dits and dahs well enough to go very fast. Sometimes my brain is so foggy that I cannot even remember what makes up a character. That is when I find it impossible to send or receive. On those days, I turn everything off and try to exist best I can. It is tough once the Docs get a person on so many meds that it messes with the brain. I fight with heart and lung problems, plus diabetes that cannot decide if I am too low or too high, and controlling it is a real bother. When I get to play on CW, I enjoy sending and receiving around 12 wpm.

Steve - KI4EZL
SKCC# 12343
Ki4ezl

Return to Your Radio Station