I run QRP most of the time :-)

Tell us about your station. Show us photos. Need help setting up your station, ask here.

Moderators: W5ALT, AC2C

I run QRP most of the time :-)

Postby Ki4ezl » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:54 pm

I use one of several antennas, depending on where I am located in the house. My radio will be either a 5 watt max out, or one that could go up to 15 watts out, but I run it at 5. I have a few keys to pick from too, though I am currently trying to use my cootie as much as I can. There was a time when I could fly at 30+ wpm, both sending and receiving CW. Now days, I find it difficult to hear the dits and dahs well enough to go very fast. Sometimes my brain is so foggy that I cannot even remember what makes up a character. That is when I find it impossible to send or receive. On those days, I turn everything off and try to exist best I can. It is tough once the Docs get a person on so many meds that it messes with the brain. I fight with heart and lung problems, plus diabetes that cannot decide if I am too low or too high, and controlling it is a real bother. When I get to play on CW, I enjoy sending and receiving around 12 wpm.

Steve - KI4EZL
SKCC# 12343
Ki4ezl

Re: I run QRP most of the time :-)

Postby K5TSK » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:40 pm

I have lots of line noise here, but I will listen for your QRP at your speed when you think it's convenient.
Do 80, 40, 30 with modest antennas, but willing to sked.
My 12 WPM isn't great, but will try.
Jim - K5TSK
henryjhr@outlook.com
Mind's foggy, might remind me what the email is about. hi.
K5TSK

Return to Your Radio Station