Wrist cwtouch key

Share your ideas, parts sources and key projects.

Moderators: W5ALT, AC2C

Wrist cwtouch key

Postby N0SSS » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:39 pm

Today i spent about 12 hours creating a wrist key (alot of needlework). The components were needled onto a 20-year-old seatbelt strap. The main component is the new P3NS touch keyer, which is an improvement over the P3W, requiring no soldering and containing the ability to dial in the paddle sensitivities, allowing a single setting to be used for table-top use and wrist use.

wrist keyer_rolled up during transport.jpg
wrist keyer_rolled up during transport.jpg (167.45 KiB) Viewed 1107 times

The first pic above shows the keyer rolled up for transport. All the guts are in the inside of the loop, protected by the seatbelt. A snap button keeps it closed. It is very small, a little smaller than my LNR Mountain Topper transceiver.

wrist keyer_tabletop use.jpg
wrist keyer_tabletop use.jpg (170.01 KiB) Viewed 1107 times

The second pic above shows it unrolled, ready for table top use. The snap button is clearly visible. The battery is held in position by shockcord.

wrist keyer_wrist use.jpg
wrist keyer_wrist use.jpg (171.52 KiB) Viewed 1107 times

The third pic (above) shows the keyer wrapped on my wrist. The golden keys adorn my wrist like jewelry :) You can also see the very same snap button being used to keep it on my wrist. 5 layers of seatbelt were stitched together to create a buffer between the paddles and my wrist. The P3NS rests on the side of my wrist (unseen here), while the battery rests on the underside (unseen here). No solder was used to construct this.

Contacted SKCC Member K7DMB today using the above setup.

Sincerely and Respectfully,
Adam Dewberry N0SSS
SKCC 5770T
N0SSS

Re: Wrist cwtouch key

Postby VE7DQS » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:39 am

Superb!

Ralph
VE7DQS
VE7DQS

Return to Making Keys