SKCC Net

Moderators: kb4t, AC2C, nn8b

SKCC Net

Postby w5dy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:17 am

Might consider having an SKCC net similar to omiss on ssb. It would be a great means of possibly making that illusive contact that you need for whatever award or just personal accomplishment.
73, Rodney, W5DY, SKCC 2785
w5dy

CW nets

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:21 pm

I like to see a few CW nets for emergency communications . Would be great for CW gang to join in and maybe teach the newbie something

Postby nn8b » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:34 pm

I would like to get back into CW net ops. I've never been on an amateur net. I used to be active in Navy MARS and enjoyed their CW nets. that's been 15 years ago now and I've forgotten it all.

Don, NN8B
nn8b

Postby KI4CIA » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:59 am

Rodney,

I've never heard the OMISS net on SSB so not sure what format they have.

Do you plan to give those who check in the opportunity make some quick contacts to get states, SKCC numbers, etc. and then send it back to net control when done? I think that's how the OMISS net goes(?)

I enjoy participating in CW nets, in fact, there's an article that should go out in the next Centurion which is a "starter" for CW nets - how to check-in and what to expect. It may generate some interest in a SKCC net, I don't know.

Being net control would be fun, and yes I'd volunteer, but won't be able to be NCS every night every week. Would others be interested in being net control?

One more thing - time and frequency. I've wondered about 10 meters, everybody says it's "dead", but during a contest it sounds fairly lively to me. It would be the easiest place to get a frequency as there's hardly any activity, and might even get some more activity going.

I guess we'll find out weekend of Feb 23 just how much activity you can get going on 10 meters.

Thoughts anyone?

Melinda / KI4CIA
Melinda / KI4CIA
SKCC # 2C
FISTS # 11956
KI4CIA
Public Information Officer

Postby WV6Z » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:55 am

KI4CIA wrote:I guess we'll find out weekend of Feb 23 just how much activity you can get going on 10 meters.

Thoughts anyone?

Melinda / KI4CIA

Ummmmm, no, at least I won't as I will be stuck at work this weekend. Besides that, where have you been hiding and what on earth is Kristen doing on LSB voice on 3.851 and 3.895?!?! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! The end is nigh!!!!
http://upstateschamradio.proboards83.com/index.cgi
73.5 de Tom ~ WV6Z
"Hi Hi and fine business!"
Twll dîn pob Sais!
SKCC 2171
OMISS 5621
WV6Z
Time Lord

Postby KI4CIA » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:47 am

Hi Tom!

Long time, no hear :-) I've been hiding behind my computer trying to keep up with various (ham related) duties and just getting on the air here and there. It sort of comes in spurts ...

Kristen's on SSB??? :-) Does that mean you've been on SSB as well?

I'll be playing with 10 meters this weekend, if there's some activity (hope so) and will spend some time on CW as well. I may get frustrated early and move on to the other bands though ...

Melinda
Melinda / KI4CIA
SKCC # 2C
FISTS # 11956
KI4CIA
Public Information Officer

Return to New Proposals